Sunday, May 29, 2011

5 months already!!!

I can't believe we have been here for 5 months already! Crazy how time flies! My cousin Troy has gone back to the states about 2 weeks ago.  So now it is just Sam and me! So great to be able to spend lots of time together!

Sam has been working at a Marketing company called IMPACT.  It has been a great experience for him so far.  It is a really well known company here in Guatemala City. He works with some really great designers and artists.  I think it will be a great experience for him and great for his resume!  Not to mention the amount of learning that he has gotten from these other experienced designers!
My salon business is coming along well! I had 12 clients last week and 10 this week! Slowly but surely my clientele is building up! :) Lots of american women who are so thankfully to get a good haircut..and speak english during it!  I am slowly decorating the salon as well! Looking cute :)

Rainy season has officially started! Beautiful in the morning...and nice shower in the afternoon.  We have had a couple of nice little storms to go along with it! :) We put a sealant on the top of the Jeep..so it no longer leaks water into your lap when it rains! How nice huh!!! :)  

We have rented some of our rooms downstairs to some other people.  One girl has moved in already, and the others are going to move in within the next month! This is a huge blessing for us as it is helping with our rent!

Our 3 year wedding anniversary is coming up in July! I can't believe it has been 3 years already! :) We dont have anything planned yet! But hopefully we will do something exciting! :) A friend was telling us about a cheap trip they took to an Island in Belize! Let me tell you that sounds exciting :) jajaj but who knows! Well enough rambling...ill add some pics now! Hope you all are enjoying life in the states! We miss you all!!! and welcome visitors at any time ! :) :) :) :

At Graduation at CAG

Our new purchase! Oh how I love thee....I can text now :) 

My pretty hanging flowers...although the poor middle one died already....oops

Me and my friend Victoria

Look mom there is my favorite necklace that you had! :) 

The birch trees that Sam and I painted in my salon :) 

2 comments:

  1. so happy for you girl!! much love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the birch trees in your salon!! I just did some in my studio a few weeks ago. :)

    TOTALLY tempted to come visit you down there... Maybe in the winter when it's negative fifty here in MN?

    MISS you Hannah! :)

    ReplyDelete